My Keto-Protocol (The Fastosis-Protocol)
(a protocol for gradual adaptation to fasting conditions using ketogenic diet)
* Applicable for Therapeutic & Aesthetic Purposes
INDUCTION PHASE (3 – 4 days)
1) All Fatter Parts of Animal source meals (Dairy fat source & plants fat source such as coconut oil, coconut milk, etc are allowed)
2) Macronutrient Ratio of 4 : 1 (80% Fat : 20% Protein + Carb from Calories ; 30% deficit), carbohydrate always below 10g per day.
3) Scale all foods for the day on a plate (<500g which roughly estimated to be under 1600 cal) or 30% deficit from maintenance calorie
4) VCO or MCT oil 1 tbsp x 3 a day (on fasting hours).
5) Intermittent Fasting at 16/8 (16 hours water fast & 8 hours eating window)
6) Morning Body Weight Exercises for 30 minutes.
7) Check for fasting blood glucose at the 3rd or 4th day (2 hours before breaking the fast), if the blood glucose pass below 80mg/dL proceed with the consolidation phase. If fail, repeat the induction phase for another 3 – 4 days.
CONSOLIDATION PHASE (6 – 7 days)
1) Fatty Animal source + Cruciferous Plant source meals (3 : 1 ratio by weight)
2) Macronutrient ratio of 4 : 1 (80% Fat : 20% Protein + Carb from Calories ; 20% deficit), carbohydrate always below 15g per day.
3) Scale all foods for the day on a plate (< 600g ; with 400g Fatty Animal source & 200g Cruciferous Plant source meals, which roughly estimated to be under 1800 cal) or 20% deficit from maintenance calorie.
4) VCO or MCT oil 1 tbsp x 2 a day (on fasting hours).
5) Intermittent Fasting at 18/6 (18 hour water fast & 6 hours eating window).
6) Morning Body Weight Exercises for 30 minutes + Fasted Split Weight Training for 4 days a week.
7) Check for fasting blood glucose at the 6th or 7th day (2 hours before breaking the fast), if the blood glucose still below 80mg/dL proceed with the maintenance phase. If fail, repeat the consolidation phase for another 6 – 7 days. If rise above 90mg/dL, repeat back from the induction phase.
1) Monday to Wednesday are for Induction Phase meals (all fatty animal source), Thursday to Saturday are for Consolidation Phase meals (fatty animal + cruciferous plants source), and Sunday is Fatty Animal Source meals + Keto-Fruit (below 50g per day & eaten with 30g of fat source, such as coconut milk, heavy cream, etc).
2) Macronutrient ratio of 3 : 1 (75% Fat : 25% Protein + Carb from Calories ; 10% deficit), carbohydrate always below 20g per day.
3) Scale all foods for the day on a plate following each days phase for the weight measurement (for rough calories estimation) or use the calculated macros, and for sunday is the combination of induction phase + keto-fruit (< 500g of Fatty Animal source meals + <80g of Keto-Fruit + Fat source ; for instance 50g blueberries + 30g heavy cream + splenda).
4) VCO or MCT oil 1 tbsp a day or none (on fasting hours).
5) Intermittent Fasting at 20/4 (20 hours water fast & 4 hours eating window).
6) Morning Body Weight Exercises for 30 minutes + Fasted Split Weight Training for 4 days a week + Cardio session or Circuit Weight Training for 1 day a week.
7) Check for fasting blood glucose every week (2 hours before breaking the fast at sunday), if rise between 80 – 90mg/dL repeat from the consolidation phase. If rise above 90mg/dL repeat from the induction phase.
• The whole idea of this protocol is to make ones to be able to adapt better to fasting condition, which is the key ingredient to achieve the therapeutic & aesthetic purpose benefit. The idea of this protocol is to get ones healed and healthy with low body fat level as the result. (Adapted to Fasting using Keto Way of Eating)
• The foods scaled (macronutrient plan) on every phase are for maximum intake limit for the day, but must always trust the satiety that the brain controlled from Leptin Hormones secretion. So eating must be stop right away when the satiety feeling has occur.
• Try to extend the fasting hours, when ones feel able to prolong the fasting from not having the hunger feeling during the eating hours, and use the VCO instead if its make ones more confident on adding more fasting hours.
• All animal source meals must be chosen from the fatter parts, and all plant source meals must avoid any starchy type.
• All protein source must be eaten with the fat source at one time, never separate this macronutrient otherwise it will spike the insulin hormones and elevate the blood glucose serum (Insulinogenic % of every meal must be lower than 20%)
Keto-Meal Insulinogenic % =(Net Carb + (0,56 x Protein)) / Total Keto-Meal Calories
• Salty foods must be included on every meals or used salt supplement everyday.
• Use the VCO or MCT oil (1 tbsp) every time any symptoms (Healing Crisis*) occur on the induction phase period, without concerning about the day timing for VCO or MCT oil schedule.
• During fasting hours, all non calorie drink can be consumed, such as tea or coffee. Green tea is suggested to be taken with every meals to help suppress the insulin spike that may occur from hidden carbs or too much protein macro.
• Alkaline water is suggested to be taken as part of the water intakes throughout the day. For instance 1 liter of water mixed with 2 tsp of Baking Soda, and consume this throughout the day in combination with other liquids, with a total intake not less than 2 liter per day.
• Keto-Fruit are fruits that has Net Carb below 10% per fruit weight, such as from berries and avocado.
• During the induction phase, all micronutrient requirement such as fiber can be added from fiber supplements such as inulin powder, psyllium husk powder, or sea weeds. And for the vitamins & minerals are also must be taken on a supplement forms that free from carbs addition.
• Other supplement suggested are Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vit B Complex, Vit C, Vit D & Immune System Supplement such as Blackseed Oil or Colostrum Extract.
• Suggested foods source to maximise the nutrient density for therapeutic purpose, refer to this link :
• Try to sleep at 10pm everyday at the latest, to get the benefit of natural circadian rhythm for self-healing, fat burning, muscles repair, immune boosting, and hormones balancing
• Calorie Cycling is suggested after reaching the maintenance phase and keeping the fasting blood glucose at the optimal zone for at least 1 month. The Calorie Cycling can be done on monthly basis, for instance 3 week of 10% – 20% deficit from the maintenance calorie and 1 week of 0% – 10% surplus from the maintenance calorie. This will help to gain lean mass and also increase the metabolism for the following month protocols.
• If ones want to add more lean mass during the maintenance phase, calculate at 0% deficit or 10% surplus from the maintenance calories (TDEE)
Note : Reduce the fasting hours into 16/8 IF
• If ones want to accelerate fat loss during the maintenance phase, calculate at 20% deficit from maintenance calories (TDEE)
Note : Increase the fasting hours into 23/1 IF
• Checking for body fat measurement is suggested to be done at monthly basis, to adjust the Keto-Macronutrients calculation on each phase.
* for macronutrients calculation on this protocol refer to the post link below :
* for the macronutrients excell spread sheet, refer to the link below :
(Start joining the Keto-Adaptation group if you haven’t become a member, to get this spread sheet. The group is awesome and many member & admin there that would help you in gaining your ketogenic adaptation for any purposes)
Keto-Adaptation Facebook Closed Group Link :
* For the suggested “Fasted Morning Bodyweight Exercises” refer to the link below :
* For the “Elevating Fasting Blood Glucose” that may occur upon initiating this protocol (usually at the 2nd – 3rd day of the Induction Phase), refer to the link below :
* For the “Healing Crisis Symptoms” that may occur upon initiating this protocols, refer to the link below :